Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Welcome to my Pink Page

Hello dear friends and family,
You have been invited to this blog because in early December I was diagnosed as having breast cancer. I will be having surgery in mid to late January and at this point it looks like chemotherapy will follow that.
Since you have been invited to view this blog you probably know me well enough to know I am a empathetic crybaby. I cried during the movie ET when on one of my first dates with Al and my kids are constantly looking at me 2/3 of the way through a good movie and saying "Mom, don't cry." So rather then telling my 30 closest friends and family that I have cancer, and crying each time I am typing this (and crying) hopefully once so I can expand the emotional energy into the healing process. Please forgive me if this seems impersonal but in my research on this disease and the energy it takes to handle it, I figured this was the best method for me. This way I can update everyone I want/need to via one channel and it gives you all a place to comment back to me.
Right now I am requesting your prayers and that's it. I don't really know what I will and won't be able to do. Please pray for Al, Annie and Andrew also as they will have to deal with this situation and whatever changes and challenges it brings to our home.
Thank you  and I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment