So today, Monday, June 27 is the day before my 7th chemo treatment. Today I also went to see the radiation oncologist for a second consultation. I am happy to report that my consultation went great. My questions about whether or not the radiation could/would avoid the heart were answered YES. Because my cancer was on the right side the radiation will not touch my heart. Additionally, the one "involved" lymph node was not encapsulated, so under arm and backside radiation is not necessary. So I am moving forward with radiation treatments starting in mid August. I will have 5 weeks of 5 days a week treatment. The oncologist was very reassuring and very willing to answer all my questions. All in all I was very pleased with my appointment today.
Tomorrow is my next treatment of Taxotere and then I have only the final treatment on July 19th. I am excited to be so close to the end of chemo. I have received many compliments from the staff at the cancer center, they are impressed with how well I have done during the chemo treatments. I know that all the prayer and support that you have given me has helped me handle these treatments. Again I want to thank you for your prayers and support. You all have loved me extravagantly, forgiven my flaws repeatedly, and served me amazingly. Thank you.
I took the last month off from my grad classes, to rest and finish the school year strong. I think it was a good decision. I start up again today and because of the 4th of July holiday ( a week long holiday in my program) there are five weeks in this class instead of 4. That will be helpful and give me a chance to keep up while going through the 2 final chemo treatments.
We are going camping in a few days, pray for me as I rest, enjoy the sun and water (without getting burned). It will be my week of smoothies and popsicles.
No comments:
Post a Comment