Okay, I am currently sitting in the Metro Health Cancer Center, with a tube attached to my "port," and the nurse is "pushing in one of the two medicines that I am getting. The staff here is great, amazingly friendly and open about everything they are doing. So far the biggest pain is getting the lounge chair I'm sitting in to fit me right. It needs more lumbar support and and a foot stool for my short legs. Al is hanging out with me and is playing some games on his phone. :-)
My blood pressure was again through the roof as I get so nervous about this stuff. I'm sure it will be better next week as I will know what to expect and how easy this is. (Check with me in a couple of days to see how I am doing, they gave me anti-nausea medication that lasts 72 hours.) The blood pressure medicine has been helping when I check it at home, just not in medical settings.
Thank you for praying me through this first session. I am following my sister-in-law's advice and picturing the medicine as little army men drip-marching in to knock out any loose cancer bad guys running around in my body. Andrew should create an x-box game that follows that story line. :-)
We also had a consultation with the radiation dr. today. She was very nice also and explained everything we asked her. Radiation is at least 5 months away so I will continue to look into that and consider the pros and cons. I would ask you to pray that Al and I would make a wise decision in that area.
I will post a picture later, in the comments section if you want to see some of my equipment.
Thanks again for praying, or good thoughts or just following my journey.
Peace,
Mary
What a comforting picture Ruth Anne shared about the Chemo medicine being a small army of soliders heading in to fight the cancer! Mary, it is such a blessing to all of us that you are allowing us to walk this journey with you and see how God is equiping you, and giving you such a wonderful perspective of looking forward and trusting HIM!
ReplyDeleteKnow that we are praying that the side effects will be minimal but that the battle will be won!
Love ya,
Well this gives new meaning to the Lord's Army at work. Go soldiers!! I am sure they are fast at work doing their job.
ReplyDeleteHave to have stuff to keep you busy while you wait??
See you soon.